Paladin Advocates & Attorneys are able to offer clients and fellow professionals who require clinical and healthcare advice the following services:
- Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA) for Health & Welfare and Property & Financial Affairs
- Preparation of Advance decision making otherwise known as Living Wills
- Deprivation of Liberty (DOLS) challenges
Care funding and care provision
- Continuing Healthcare Funding (CHC) NHS assessments and appeals
- Advice surrounding The Care Act 2014 & care assessments
- Challenging Local Authorities in the illegal provision of care
- Assessing, planning and implementing care packages
- Locating suitable residential, Nursing Home or sheltered care placements
- Facilitating and managing 24 hour care packages to enable clients to remain at home
- Reviewing the suitability of care provision
- Obtaining disclosure of, and analysing and reporting on, medical records and treatments
How and where do you wish to be cared for and how you will fund such costs?
Have you appointed your Attorney(s) in the event you are unable to make decisions?
Who would you want to make decisions about your care arrangements in the event you are unable to do so?
Having worked hard all your life you may wish your family to benefit from your property and savings – what planning have you done in order to ensure your assets are protected?
It is so often the case that clients do not consider such questions and it is only when a crisis occurs, such as a sudden heart attack, stroke or accident that one requires our specialist advice. It could be that you are being detained in a care setting you no longer wish to remain.
Many clients contact us when swift action needs to be taken – It may be as simple as interpreting clinical and medical records about the treatment being offered or assisting in seeking a specialist medical opinion as to alternative treatment options. It may be an application is required to assist in an unlawful detention. It may be at a time when a Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) decides to decline NHS funding eligibility or a decision is taken to withdraw an existing funding award. An application to appeal such a decision either at the CCG level, NHS England or Ombudsman level can be commenced. Whatever the circumstance Anne has a wealth of knowledge and ability to assist our clients at any stage of their health and social needs.
Anne also offers her clinical expertise to Professional Solicitor Attorneys and Deputies who may be required to make health and welfare decisions from locating a suitable care setting to the withdrawal or enforcement of nutritional and hydration in a hospital setting. Anne has worked on a number of cases to enforce a patient’s right to receive treatment.
For further information and assistance, please call 01822 610303 and ask to speak with Anne Reed who will be happy to have an initial chat as to how she may be able to help you.
- Advocacy with Local Authority Community Care Act assessments
- Representation in regard to NHS funding such as Continuing Healthcare eligibility.
- Representation in regard to Local Authority funding decisions
- Advice and representation with regard to charges being applied to property representing Deferred Payments Schemes’.
- Analysing and reporting on medical records and treatments
- Supporting decision making in regard to treatment options
Applications for disclosure
- Applications for disclosure of clinical & medical records under the Data Protection Act 2018 (patient data for the living)
- Applications for disclosure of records under the Access to Records Act 1990 (deceased)
- Applications for disclosure of information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (organisational)